For any business that must deal with partners, employers, providers and long-distance customers, a website is crucial always to be ahead of the competition.
Below are 5 good reasons why you should have a professional website:
- Drive the right customers to your business – A website with no clear message and content will drive users that are not necessarily ready to buy
- Spend time on other aspects of your business – One advantage of a website with enough information is that few people call you for more information.
- Make your website work for you – You do not need to restrict your website activities during working hours. Your customers can still buy from you even when you are asleep.
- Target customers beyond your boundary limits
- Take advantage of all the marketing strategies that a website offer – Social media, SEO, Ads …
Prositeweb is there to help you create your website and ameliorate your position on the server.
Types of websites
To build a website for your business, it is important to know the different types of websites. The list below will help have a better idea:
- E-Commerce: This type of website is a type of marketplace. It is concerned with the selling of products or services.
- Business: generic website detailing all areas of a business.
- Educational: it is a website that deals with educational information on any given topic. If you want to build one of these websites, you should hire a freelance web developer to create fun tools, games, or quizzes. (Prositeweb Inc.)
- Media and Entertainment Website: this website deals with updated content on current affairs, sports, and entertainment.
- Portfolio Website: These types of websites are built to display and promote examples of previous work.
- Personal Website: a personal website is not a website that makes money; rather, it is to publish your own thoughts out into the world. This category includes personal blogs, vlogs, and photo diaries people share with the world.
Advantages of building websites
The first advantage you can experience when having a website is that it provides more audience to the company. Nowadays, the internet is used by millions of people, and they all are looking for something, and some of them might be trying to find you. Therefore, building a website will help you to reach these types of inaccessible customers.
More so, a website is online at any moment. Having a website means customers are always able to find you anywhere and at anytime. Even outside business hours, your website continues to find and secure new customers. Nowadays, if you are not online, you give chances to your competitors to get your customers.
You can also use your website to sell goods and services to consumers directly. Eliminating these overheads will also allow you to lower your prices, giving your business that real competitive edge. It can also be used internally within your business; do you have any news you want to share with colleagues or have any important information. Having an internal website can save you a lot of time as everything you need is one place and can be accessed at any time.
Disadvantages of a website
Before going in to build a website, here are some limitations you need to consider.
An intended consequence of a website is that it encourages illegal and dangerous activities. There are so many hackers and terrorists on the server.
Another disadvantage of a website is that it increases expenses. For a company to benefit from this website, it needs to invest more in its computer system, internet connection and web hosting.
The greatest disadvantage of building a website is the risk of privacy. The personal information you share on your website can easily be traceable. Hackers access all information they find on your websites, such as bank information, security pins, and social security numbers.
Building a website: steps to follow
Step n°1: choose a domain name
The domain name is your website name and address. That address is used by visitors when they try to find your site through their web browsers.
Step n°2: get web hosting and register domain.
Web hosting is a service that hosts and stores your website files (content) on a secure server that is always up and running. Without a web host, your site will not be accessible for others to read and browse.
Step n°3: then, set up a WordPress website.
Once you have your domain name and web hosting ready, you need to choose and install a website building platform (also known as CMS Integration).
Step n°4: customize your website design and structure.
With your bare website alive and kicking, it’s now time to make it feel more like your own by picking a nice design, customizing it, and adding branding elements.
Step n°5: add Content to your website
Use WordPress to create your web. But before you start creating, it is good you know which page you have to create first.
Step n°6: set up a navigation menu
The next step is to set up your navigation (a website menu). The menu is what your visitors will use to go from page to page on your site.
Step n°7: lastly, add an online store or e-commerce
The last step is to build an online store.
To conclude, building websites is not as hard as you can imagine, but it requires a perfect mastery of certain elements. As a result, we propose our service in building any website you desire. We have experts who will help all through. Contact us to find out more.