What you need to do after your website's development is completed will help you a lot with traffic and conversion. Read this article to get some ideas. The next step after the development of your website is essential. Even though people mistakenly focus on the development process, one needs to find a way to monetize the site. To achieve that, you need to put in place a marketing strategy to make sure that your website generates leads or sales. In this article, we will give you a cheat sheet for the next step. We will, for example, explain how you can make use of some free tools for SEO. We will also give you automated tools that will make the management of your website much more manageable.
Cross-check if your website's development was properly builtI call this step 0 because it is something you need to do before completing the website. Most developers will naturally do it, but some will not. You need to cross-check that that website is completed. To do that, you can:
- First of all, use GTmetrix to check website performance. Many people fail to validate that websites will perform well after the release and as a result, the speed and User Experience are affected.
- Secondly, you can validate the markup language with a w3C validator. W3C Validator can help you to confirm if HTML syntaxes used during development are up-to-date, or if all the tags are properly closed and much more.
- Thirdly, you can use our SEO software to analyze your web pages and confirm if the SEO part is good.
Set up your Google Search Console AccountGoogle Search Console is crucial for the day to day management of your website. It helps you to register your sitemaps for an easy crawl. Moreover, it provides some useful pieces of advice such as responsiveness, not indexes pages or not found pages. If you are interested in creating one for your business; check out this link.
Create a Google My Business AccountGoogle My Business, is a listing directory that can increase your local presence. When you fill-up the form, you provide your physical address, your activity area and business description. That information is displayed to people searching for a service related to what you do. To create your account, please visit this website.
Submit your website to Bing Webmaster tool accountBing Webmaster tool is a little bit similar to Google Search Console in the sense that you have to submit your sitemap to easily be listed in Yahoo Search Engines and their partners. You can create your account using this link.
Configure your Google Analytics Account and add tracking code to your websiteGoogle Analytics will give you a detail report about your website traffic. With Google Analytics, you can have information such, search density, visitors locations, from where they accessed your website ...Once you create your account, make sure to add the tracking code at the header of every page. Depending on the type of tool you used to build your website, you might have to add it only once. For some CMS, there are places on the dashboard that can help you to achieve that. This link will redirect you to the Google Analytics website where you can create your account.
Connect your Website to Social Media for easy sharingSocial media play an important role in the promotion of your website. There are millions of people connected there every day. Hence, if you want to have more traffic you can seize that opportunity to share as much as possible your website content on social media. Dependant on the type of website that you have, you might leave your visitors to do the sharing for you. For example, if you have a blog or an eCommerce website, you can add widgets from AddThis to your blog pages to enable sharing. Adding to that, If you continuously post on Social Media, there are tools like enseadev that you can use to automate some of your sharing.
Automate some of your ProcessesTo increase the conversion rates, there are few things that you can automate. Some of them are:
- email automation - create a process to automatically send a welcome or thank you message to your customers at subscription
- SEO Automation - Monitoring your SEO and receive weekly notification regarding the state of your SEO.
- Desktop Notification - Automatically send notifications to your customers or subscribers whenever you update your content.