In order to embark on a practical phase of creating a second source of income, I leave you here a practical guide of what you need to prepare if you wish to get started better. In the article, I would specify what is your responsibility and what I should take care of (Technical aspect). The goal of this initiative is not to simply blindly launch into a project that will not be of much use to you. I strongly hope that you take the time to better consider your thoughts in order to avoid wasting time. It is therefore important to prepare better and put the tips into practice to succeed.
1 – Identify your niche;
Passion in a sector of activity is the driving force of our daily motivations. Basically, we may engage in an activity out of necessity; however, the determination and desire to want to continue while being patient derives from our passion. That said, you need to be able to identify your niche. Your niche is what you are truly passionate about. It must also be profitable. In the concept of niche, we can allude to your center of interest. You must, therefore, ask yourself the question of knowing what are the profitable activities relating to my center of passion. For a person passionate about sport. The niche can be sports equipment, clothing related to sports activities, etc.
For our launch phase: identify your passion and at least four niches relating to this passion.
2 – Know or create an audience;
Having a niche is one thing, but knowing who to sell to is another. You need to study your audience to know if they are ready to buy your products.
Who is your audience?
To know your audience, you first need to understand who these people are. Are they young people, adults, seniors? What are their interests? What is their socio-economic situation? These questions will help you create a typical profile of your ideal client.
Where is your audience located?
Once you have a clear idea of who your audience is, you need to determine where they are located. Does she primarily use social media? If so, which platform does she prefer? Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or something else? Or does she prefer to receive information via blogs or email newsletters? Identifying where your audience is will help you know where to focus your marketing efforts.
What are the needs and wants of your audience?
It is essential to understand what your audience is looking for, their needs, their desires, their challenges and how you can help them through your affiliate products. This will allow you to offer solutions that truly match what they are looking for.
How to create an audience?
If you don’t have an audience yet, don’t worry. It is possible to build an audience from scratch. Here are some steps to achieve this:
- Quality Content: Create content that is relevant to your niche. This will establish your authority in the field and attract people interested in your topic.
- Engagement: Interact with your audience. Ask questions, participate in discussions, respond to comments. Show that you care about them.
- Advertising: Invest in targeted advertising to reach more people interested in your niche.
- Collaborations: Work with other people or businesses in your niche to reach a wider audience.
For our launch phase: identify who your target audience is. Create a detailed profile of this audience. If you don’t have an audience yet, think of an action plan to start building one based on the steps mentioned above.
3 – Choose the right affiliate products…
Choosing the right affiliate product is crucial to your success in affiliate marketing. You can have the best marketing strategy, but if the product doesn’t resonate with your audience, you’ll struggle to make sales. Here’s how to approach the selection process:
Select products from affiliate platforms (CJ, Amazon, Rakuten Marketing)
Affiliate platforms are intermediaries between companies who want to promote their products and affiliates who want to sell them. Here are some steps to follow:
- Search for products relevant to your niche: On these platforms, you can filter products based on your niche or audience.
- Study reviews and ratings: Some products may have better reviews than others. This can be a good indicator of customer satisfaction.
- Study the commission: Make sure the commission offered is attractive to you. Think about profitability.
- Affiliation conditions: Some programs may have special conditions. Make sure you understand them before committing.
Approach the companies directly to offer them an agreement
If you have an established audience or have particular expertise in an area, you can try approaching businesses directly:
- Search for relevant companies: Identify companies that offer products or services aligned with your niche.
- Prepare a proposal: Before approaching the company, prepare a clear proposal. Show how you can provide value to them.
- Negotiate: Discuss the conditions, commission, and terms of collaboration.
- Build a relationship: Successful collaboration is based on a relationship of trust. Make sure you establish good communication.
Partner with businesses and buy your products
This approach is a little different because it involves an initial investment on your part:
- Choose quality products: If you plan to buy products to resell, make sure they are of good quality.
- Negotiate wholesale prices: If you are buying in large quantities, try to negotiate discounts.
- Promotion and Marketing: With this approach, you will need a solid marketing strategy to promote and sell your products.
- After-sales service: Since you are selling directly, make sure you provide good after-sales service to your customers.
Each approach has its advantages and disadvantages. It is therefore essential to think carefully and choose the one that best suits your situation and your objectives. Collaborating with me will help you better navigate these waters and make informed choices.
For our launch phase: identify at least five products or services that closely match your niche and assess their relevance to your target audience.
- List your products/services : Based on your chosen niche, identify at least five relevant products or services available on affiliate platforms like CJ, Amazon, and Rakuten Marketing.
- Look for product reviews : See user reviews and feedback for each product or service. This will help you understand if the product is quality and if it is well received by customers.
- Evaluate the commission : Take a look at the commission structures for each product. Consider not only the amount of commission, but also the likelihood of making sales.
- Consider audience fit : Based on your understanding of your target audience, evaluate whether the product/service will actually meet their needs or solve their problems.
- Contact certain companies directly (if necessary) : If you have identified products that are not available on common affiliate platforms, do not hesitate to contact the company directly to discuss a possible collaboration.
By following these steps, you will be better prepared to choose the most relevant and lucrative affiliate products for your business.