Do you want to improve the performance of your website? GTmetrix can help you with this. Indeed, the GTmetrix platform gives you the possibility of generating an error report for your site. It is a tool that allows you to have a report of the different problems and tips to solve them. In this article, we will see how to improve performance in just a few steps. By the end of the article, you will fix some issues, have a faster website, and learn some good practices.
How do I get started with the GTmetrix platform?
If you want to use GTmetrix software to improve the performance of your website, you can follow the following steps:
- Visit their website. You must visit the website https://gtmetrix.com/.
- Enter your URL in the form
- Click on “Test Your Site”
- GTmetrix will generate a performance report for your website.
You have the option to download a PDF report (subscribed members) that you will use to improve your website. Alternatively, you can use the tips that appear on your screen for your analysis.
Interpret GTmetrix results to improve your website performance
When you use GTmetrix to analyze your site, the platform generates an issue report for your site. If you don’t have computer skills, the recommendations can seem complicated. We will go over how you can take advantage of the recommendations to improve your website’s performance.
Structure of GTmetrix recommendations
GTmetrix recommendations are subdivided into several parts:
- Your Performance Grade. (GTmetrix Grade). Via this section, you can see your score classification, performance percentage and structure percentage of your website. You can click on the question marks for more details.
- Critical Information for Your Online Performance (Web Vitals) – This information represents data that indicates whether your website is easily accessible or not.
Other tabs that can help improve your website performance.
In the GTmetrix recommendation report, you also have information such as:
- The Performance Reports Summary – With a list of things to fix on your website
- One tab – Performance. It shows a summary of the different parameters that affect your website.
- Structure – With information grouped by different structures of your website
- Waterfall – It shows each resource’s impact on your site and the time your site takes to run each of those resources.
GTmetrix is a compelling tool for website optimization. Besides, it is completely free. If you have questions or need an expert to accompany you, contact us.
If you liked this article, you might also be interested in: