Table of Contents►
We will explain how to create your search engine with ChatGPT and WordPress. Do you dream of having your search engine similar to Google or Bing? No need to struggle. Indeed, thanks to ChatGPT, we will show you how to get there. Sure, this conversational chat that has gone viral can help you create a search engine in minutes. To accelerate the process, there is a WordPress extension that the Prositeweb team recently developed for this purpose. In this article, we will explain the steps to follow. Then, we will see how to use the extension and ChatGPT to achieve your goal.
Steps to create your search engine with ChatGPT and WordPress
Our WordPress extension lets you easily integrate a ChatGPT search engine on your website. This article will guide you through the steps to download, install and configure the extension. In addition, we’ll show you how to use a shortcode to add the search form to your website and how to customize the tool to support multiple languages.
1: Download the extension
First, go to our website to download the WordPress extension.
2: Install the extension
- Login to your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to “Extensions”> “Add.”
- Click “Upload Extension” and select the extension .zip file you downloaded in Step 1.
- Click “Install Now.”
- Once the installation is complete, click “Activate extension.”
3: Configure the extension
- Go to the plugin’s configuration page in the WordPress dashboard.
- Enter your API and organization keys, and configure settings, such as reCAPTCHA, to secure your search form.
- Don’t forget to save your changes.
4: Use a shortcode to add the search form to your website
Short codes are unique tags that allow you to insert features or content into your articles, pages, or widgets. Thus, they are very commonly used to avoid having to write code. To add the ChatGPT search form to your website, use the following shortcode:
For example, insert this shortcode into an article, page, or widget where you want to display the search form.
5: Customize the tool to support multiple languages
The extension uses text domains (chatbot-for-WordPress) to facilitate the translation of text strings. Then you can use the Loco Translate plugin to customize the texts and make the tool multilingual. To achieve this, perform the following instructions:
- Install and activate the Loco Translate plugin.
- Navigate to “Loco Translate”> “Plugins” in the WordPress dashboard.
- Find “ChatGPT for WordPress” in the list of plugins and click “Translate.”
- Select the language in which you want to translate the tool. You can then start translating text strings.
- Save your changes when the translation is complete.
6: Configure keywords to filter content
On the extension’s configuration page, you potentially define keywords to filter content and searches based on your business needs. Thus, the search results will be filtered according to the specified keywords, ensuring that the results are relevant and appropriate for your target audience.
Other Important Elements
This section will explain how to generate the ChatGPT API key and other configuration elements.
ChatGPT (OpenAI) API key:
To generate the ChatGPT (OpenAI) API key and the organization key, you must follow the steps below:
a. Create an OpenAI account. To use the ChatGPT API, you must first register on the OpenAI website. That said, go to https://beta.openai.com/signup/ and create an account.
b. Log in to your account. Once you have created an account, log in and access the OpenAI API dashboard.
c. Generate the API key. In the dashboard, you will see an “API Keys” section. Click the “Create API key” button to generate a new API key. Finally, copy this key. You will need it to configure the WordPress extension.
The free version of ChatGPT has minimal features. Indeed, with this version, you have only a limited number of requests. Moreover, the size of the text you can generate is limited. Therefore, we recommend that you subscribe to the company version of ChatGPT. In this case, you must provide your company data and banking information. The offer is beautiful. According to our analyses, the costs per result are relatively low.
To help you save on requests, we automatically keep the information generated in the WordPress database. This allows your audience to access previous users’ search content.
You can visit the pricing page to find out what fees are to pay for each use.
How to generate captcha v3?
Google reCAPTCHA v3 is a free service that protects your website from spam and abuse by checking that users are human, not robots. Therefore, to generate and integrate Google reCAPTCHA v3 on your site, follow these steps:
- Access the reCAPTCHA site: go to the Google reCAPTCHA website at https://www.google.com/recaptcha/.
- Sign in to your Google account: sign in with your Google account. However, if you do not have a Google account, you can create one for free.
- Register your site: once logged in, click on the “Admin Console” button at the top right of the page. On the “Register a new site” page, fill in the following information:
- “Label”: enter a name to identify your site in the administration console.
- “reCAPTCHA type”: select “reCAPTCHA v3”.
- “Domains”: enter the domain names of your website where you want to use reCAPTCHA v3 (e.g. mysite.com).
- “Owners”: check your email address and add more owners if needed.
- Get your site key and secret key: once you have registered your site, you will receive a site key and a private key. The site key will be used in the HTML code of your website, while the secret key will be used to verify the reCAPTCHA responses with the Google API.
This article explains how to protect your website with Google reCAPTCHA better. When creating your search engine with ChatGPT, you will add the reCAPTCHA keys in the extension configuration.
To conclude, by following these steps, you can easily configure and customize a ChatGPT search engine on your WordPress site through our extension. Indeed, adding this search feature will improve the user experience and allow visitors to quickly and easily find the information they seek. In addition, the ability to support multiple languages and filter results based on keywords ensures that your search engine will be tailored to the needs of your business and your target audience.