Before starting website design with WordPress and Elementor.
Before embarking on the development of your website, you must have at your disposal the following elements:
- A web hosting space – The location where you plan to store your data
- A domain name for your website
- The design for your website
- The content
We look together where you can find these elements.
1 – Have a domain name
Your domain name is your address on the net. It is usually a combination of letters and numbers that represent the identity of what you want to offer. Basically, the domain name is in the form of an IP address of the machine you use to store your data. Then, this address is connected to the domains via what is usually called the DNS (Domain Name Server).
Hosted solutions: when you want to design a website, you often have the option of doing without a domain name. In this case, your content will be stored as a subdomain of a hosted solution. This is the case if you use solutions like wordpress.com, wix.com or blogger.com. Hosted solutions sometimes offer you an easy process to purchase and add your domain name.
Self-hosted solution: if you want to be responsible (partially or totally) for the management of your web server, you must buy a domain name to use a website.
2 – Buy data storage space
You must have a place to store your website data. It is usually a physical or virtual location commonly referred to as a web server. The web server is configured to operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to allow the permanent availability of your website.
Hosted solutions: you don’t have to worry about storage space as it is offered by the company that offers the web solution.
Self-hosted solution: several companies offer web server space at different prices. You will easily find a supplier close to your region or country.
A few domain name providers.
You will find several domain name providers on the net. Here are some of the most popular.
GoDaddy is one of the largest domain name providers. It offers several other services such as hosting, mail system or website builder. You will find domain names starting at $0.99 on their site.
JustHost offers domain names and hosting from $5 per month. You can visit their site to see what they offer.
It offers hosting, domain names and website builders. If you want to have a lower cost solution as well as quality support, you can check out what HostPapa has to offer.
Web Hosting Canada (WHC)
It’s a company that offers website hosting, domain names, web marketing… It’s quite popular in Canada.
3 – Write content that stands out
To be more successful in writing content, here are some recommendations.
Explicitly define your target
The first thing to do to have quality and unique content, you must define a specific target. Defining the target allows you to get a fairly clear idea of what you want to accomplish with your website. When you define your target, you are now able to better structure your content and your site. This will help you reach your target easily.
There are a few steps to identify your target.
- Analysis of your offer: know your products first. Identify what needs they can meet, who these professionals or individuals are for.
- Collect data on your target: it is recommended to have some information about your target, because this information will be used to segment this target.
- Segment the target: here, you must classify your customers according to socio-demographic characteristics (sex, age, family status), psychological characteristics (lifestyle) and their purchasing behavior.
- Identify their needs and expectations: this analysis of your target’s needs and expectations will allow you to have lasting conversion results.
Assess the competition
To get a website that stands out, you always have to do a detailed assessment of your competitors. Today, there are more or less 1.88 billion websites online. So, if you create a website like any other, which does not stand out from the others, you will probably waste your time and your money. To assess the competition, it is advisable to do a competitive analysis.
Here are 4 steps to follow to do a competitive analysis
- Identify your competitors: the first step is to list the direct and indirect competitors.
- Find out about your main competitors: Here you need to gather information about your competitors. For example, information such as: the products and services, the price, their positioning on the market, etc.
- Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of your competitors: there are several tools you can use to highlight their strengths and weaknesses.
- Draw consequences.
Search the keywords
Always research the keywords you want to use. Thus, you can opt for keywords that are not compatible with what people will search for on the net. Therefore, it is necessary to analyze the keywords, to know what type of words the browsers search the most on the NET which relates to your sector of activity. This will allow you to better write your content.
For keyword research tools, here are a few:
- Keyword Tool : this free tool specialized in the research of long tail keywords.
- Ubersuggest: is a tool that provides a palette of keywords from one or more terms for free and without any limitation.
- WordStream: is a keyword research tool.
- Google Keyword Planner: This is the most famous and widely used keyword planning tool for creating paid SEO campaigns.