Table of Contents►
In this article, we will explain how to add the evaluation request form to its website. We already thank you for using our extension and are at your disposal for questions. In a few steps, we will guide you through the configuration.
Why use our extension?
Basically, we developed the extension to help real estate brokers add an appraisal request form to their website. In fact, to easily assess their client's property, brokers sometimes need to have a minimum of information. Our extension therefore has a geolocation tool that customers can use. Then customers can provide the information to help brokers contact them. Although the extension is tailored to the needs of brokers, you can also use it for other purposes. For example, a tool for generating potential customers. It is a solution for WordPress websites. It is then important that you have a WordPress website to use it.
What do I need to use the extension?
To use the extension you need:
- A WordPress website. as mentioned above, it is an extension for WordPress websites.
- The Google Cloud account. To create a Google Cloud account, you usually need a Gmail or business address and a credit card (or payment method).
We see below how to configure these elements.
How to configure the extension?
To configure the extension after purchase or download, you must follow these steps:
- Go to Settings field ⇒ Property Evaluator Options
- Next, add your Google MAP API key and email address
- If you only want to locate a certain region, add the country or region code.
Once done, you must click on “save changes”
How to add the evaluation request form to your website?
Once you are done with the setup, you need to use the shortcode to add the form to any page of your website. The shortcode you need to use is:
To add the shortcode, you must either add it to the text fields of your pages. In this case, the form will appear at the position where you added the shortcode. Another possibility could be to add with PHP code. In this case, you need to open your theme's php file and paste the code below.
<?php echo do_shortcode('[psw_property]'); ?>
How to create the API key to add the request form to my website
To create an API key, you must have a Google Cloud account. Generally, you should be able to create your account if:
- You have an email address
- Alternatively, you have a G-Suite for Business account
In any case, creating an account is relatively easy. You simply need to follow the following steps:
- Visit the Google Cloud website.
- Then, if you have an account, click on “connection” to your right (at the top of the page).
- Otherwise, click on "Enjoy a free trial"
When you click on one of these buttons, you will be able to follow Google's instructions to create your account.
It is important to know that you need an activated payment method to use your API key.
After creating your account, you can log in to your account to add your credentials.
Creation of a new project to Add the evaluation request form on the website
- At the top of your screen, just to the right of the Google Cloud logo, you will see a "select a project" selection tab. Click on this tab to activate the creation form for your project.
- Then, in the window that will appear, click on "New Project" at the top right corner of the window.
- The site will redirect you to a window similar to the photo above
- You must via the form you see on the screen give the "name of your project", select your organization (if you have several accounts with the same email). Then you need to indicate the area. You typically provide this information when creating your account.
- Finally, click on create to finalize the process of creating your project.
- Then do the same for Places API
Once you have activated them, you will be able to use them in your project. For what follows, it will be a question of clicking on the APIs and services tab. You will see the identifier tab. You will now be able to create the API key for your project.
- Click on "Create CREDENTIALS".
- Then “API key”
- You will see an API key appear on your screen that you must copy to include it in your project.
To prevent misuse of your key, you must restrict it. Indeed, an API key that you generate from Google Cloud can be used on any website or application. However, you may not want to pay for usage other than for your project. To restrict your key, click on the link, and follow the recommendations on the screen.