Regarding the development of a business, it is imperative to collect data for its audience. To do this, you must first have a notion of the tool Google analytics .
Google Analytics is a Google tool that allows website managers to analyze their audience and site performance. Google Analytics does not only analyze its audience, but it also provides information on its visitors. For example, the number of visitors, where they come from, their profiles, and their activities on the site, etc.
Benefits from Google Analytics
Regarding this tool, its use is very easy and offers many advantages in the management of a website.
- First of all it is advantageous, because it provides a detailed analysis of its visitors: With Google Analytics, it is possible to know a good amount of information about visitors to the site. For example, it provides information such as: the location of visitors (ie where they come from); their languages used; the type of device used to browse and the browser itself; the age and sex of visitors; whether it is a new or old visitor, etc.
- Then it gives a traffic analysis : Google Analytics also helps to better understand site traffic and know which are the most important. This allows the manager to know if visitors have made a search by typing the address directly in the search bar. Or if it’s due to SEO that they found the site. Thanks to this tool, the manager knows which social networks the visitors come from. It provides the information of whether the site link is found in the content of other sites.
- Finally, it manages the evolution of the site’s performance: It gives an indication of the performance of the site through: – The bounce rate: if a web page has a high bounce rate, it means that the page has a problem or is not well optimized; – Duration on the site: the number of time visitors spend on a page or on the site; – The conversion rate: this is the number of visitors who perform an action on the site; – Site speed: that is, at what speed the pages of the site open.
Of course, Google Analytics has a lot of advantages, but it does have some drawbacks as well.
- Confidentiality : Having a low level of security is a disadvantage for visitors. It can transmit the personal data of visitors. It accesses the data of its visitors and uses it for commercial purposes.
- Unreliable results: Any information obtained from Google Analytics is generally not reliable or one hundred percent certain.
- Data reduction: Google Analytics saves its band in its free version. In this release, it calculates metrics and dimensions from applying a subset of data.
- Why use the Google Analytics tool Google Analytics answers questions about the effectiveness of SEO, campaigns and keywords. This gives a summary of the keywords that generate the most traffic, what value they produced, etc.
- The tool provides important information to the site administrator.
- The administrator will be able to know his audience because he has access to all the information of his new prospects.
- It helps to gain more traffic.
- Google Analytics monitors the performance of website content.
- This tool gives the number of converted visitors.
- It allows to know what web-marketing strategy has adopted on the site.
How to use Google Analytics
To collect data from a site, it is necessary to have an account. Here are some steps to create a Google Analytics account:
(If you are creating an account from a mobile, at here instead of choosing website, select Mobile application instead. In tracking method, click on Firebase. Then choose an application in the menu and at the end, click on Associate an application )
Consequently, thanks to Google Analytics, it will be easier to improve the marketing strategy of the site and also to know if the content of the site has interested visitors.
Contact us for advice on the use and functionality of the Google Analytics tool.