Multi-vendor sites give the possibility of quickly reaching your target. Indeed, if you sell your products on a platform like Amazon, you will have a better chance of reaching people who want your products than on Twitter. Today, we will take a look at 10 of the best market platforms together. Before starting, we will see why it is sometimes essential to use these platforms.
Why Sell on Multi-Vendor Sites
When you design your online store, you have almost no visibility. Several customers also contact us with questions like “How come I have had my online store for X period, and I have hardly made any sales?”. Here are some advantages of marketplaces.
- Benefit from the popularity of these platforms. Several of these solutions are already known as places to find a set of products. That said, if you want to accelerate your sales, you can take advantage of this advantage to do so.
- Go where the customers are. There is a multitude of social media and web solutions. However, many of them are not the right places to sell a product.
- Save money in your marketing strategy. Opting for a specialized platform can be advantageous rather than paying huge sums of money in a reasonably diversified communication channel.
- Improve and stand out from the competition. A marketplace confronts you with a set of companies that offer practically the same thing as you. Thus, you will have to improve the quality of your products to stand out better.
Top 10 Multi-Vendor Sites to Consider for Generating More Revenue
If you’re into e-commerce, you’ve probably heard of multi-vendor platforms. They are pretty exciting tools to generate additional sales online. Some are popular because of their high volume of online traffic, while others are not necessarily useful. Today, I will share with you four crucial multi-vendor platforms and websites that can help you create additional sales online. If you have an online store, you can use any or all of them. They all have one thing in common: you can list your products to get more customers or partners.
Google Shopping is one of the multi-vendor site that allows you to add your products to a comparison list. Then, entice visitors to buy if they find your products more attractive. If you subscribe to this service, you will target the billions of people who regularly visit Google Shopping.
How does Google Shopping work?
To use Google Shopping, you must have an e-commerce website. Once this is established, you will need to read Google’s policy to determine if your products are among the good articles. If so, you will follow the next steps to create your account: (More details here https://www.google.com/retail/get-started/)
- Create your account on Google Marchant
- Upload your products using any format allowed by Google
- Promote your products on Google networks. Once you’ve created your account, Google will take some time to check if all of your links are relevant. If so, it will approve your product list.
More Google Shopping services for retailers
- Smart Shopping Campaigns – You pay to promote your products to visitors who search for your product categories on Google
- Search Ads – Google advertises your products to users who search for related businesses.
You can get a complete list of all services for retailers here.
How to connect your website to Google Shopping?
One of the biggest challenges for many eCommerce businesses is connecting their store to Google Shopping. You have two approaches: either you import your products manually or use the S FTP access to connect your store to Google Marchant Center.
- Manual approach. You prepare the file, make all the settings in Google Marchant center, and import your products.
- S FTP connection – You create an S FTP access on your Google Marchant Center account. Then you use this information in your website setup to synchronize your site.
An easy connection for certain content managers
If you’re using a content manager, connecting Google Shopping to your website can be relatively quick and easy. Several developers offer extensions that you can download and activate on your site.
With Amazon, you can use robust solutions and resources to sell your products on one of the most reputable marketplaces worldwide. Amazon’s services thus make it possible to reach more than 10 million Amazon buyers. In addition, Amazon also has an advertising program that can help you sell faster.
Founded in 1994, Amazon offers individuals and retailers listed in the Amazon catalogue the possibility of selling their items through the “MarketPlace” platform. So, Amazon allows you to add your products to their marketplace. This will generate more visitors and more sales. In addition, it will also allow you to allow other people interested in your products to sell on their website. With 7.4 billion in quarterly revenue (+ 45%), Amazon is the market leader, ahead of Microsoft and Google.
Some advantages of Amazon compared to other multi-seller sites
The power of Amazon is that it allows you to reach millions of potential buyers online. This is because Amazon offers some unique features that can help you grow your business. You can manage your business flexibly with your customer service and marketing strategies when subscribing. In addition, Amazon also helps you manage other services like speeding up your orders and storing your products. Amazon’s advertising solutions allow you to reach customers every day.
To launch your e-commerce on Amazon, you need to choose either the professional or the individual. Choose a professional plan if you want to sell unlimited products for a monthly subscription of CAN $ 29.99 (excluding VAT). While the personal program does not allow a monthly subscription but will enable Amazon to pay a commission of CAN $ 1.49 (excluding VAT) per item sold. To get started, you need to create your account on the Seller Central interface to manage your sales account. Then you can easily add products to the Amazon Marketplace catalogue.
3 – Facebook Marketplace
Facebook is the most popular social media in the world. Today it is a social advertising platform and a marketplace where users can buy sell items with other people in their locality. If you can sell in the Facebook Marketplace, you will target more local customers and generate additional money for your business. The specificity of the Facebook marketplace is that it is not responsible for any transaction. You receive your payment on the Marketplace. Using this tool, an eCommerce business owner can set custom auctions for their items and send messages to buyers to arrange transactions.
The advantage of the Facebook Marketplace is that it gives more visibility to small-scale commerce. According to Target Internet, Facebook buying and selling groups are visited by approximately 450 million people per month worldwide.
To sell an item on the Facebook marketplace,
- You must click on Marketplace in the left menu on facebook.com
- Then you have to click on “sell an item”, then on “Item for sale”.
- Enter your ad title, price, location, and item category. You can also add a description.
- You must click on + 10 photos to import a picture of your item from your computer.
- After all this, you need to click on Publish. If the Publish option is gray, make sure you’ve entered a title, price, location, photo, and category.
4 – CJ Commission Junction
CJ Commission Junction is one of the best advertising companies operating in the affiliate marketing industry, with a worldwide presence owned by Alliance Data. CJ is a marketing platform that allows you to submit your products and find potential sellers or partners. They select your products and earn a commission per qualified sale. It is a lucrative tool for making money.
Basically, with CJ, people get paid to recommend someone else’s products or services. It connects affiliates, publishers and advertisers. CJ has developed technologies that help improve publisher performance tracking and improve collaboration between advertisers and publishers. The advantage of this tool is the ability of your business to get reasonable advertising solutions from a large audience and the possibility of generating more sales.
Once registered, CJ will list your business in the directory where publishers can read your terms of service. In addition, they will also be able to relate your product and present it to their audience.
To use the CJ platform, you must meet three criteria during registration:
- Be the owner of a website.
- It was being able to pay commissions on products sold and leads generated.
- You agree not to sell pornographic products or prohibited products.
Once your request is approved, you will receive an Advertiser ID, and CJ will provide you with an Affiliate Program launched.
eBay is an American company founded in 1995. It is very well known for permitting particularly in Europe and America. Its mode of operation is somewhat similar to Amazon’s. To use eBay, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the ebay.ca website (or the one corresponding to your country)
- Click on the Sell link on the menu.
- Follow the steps to create your account.
The platform offers you several approaches to add your products. The complexity may depend on your expertise.
Etsy is an international online marketplace where people come together to make, sell, buy, and collect unique items.
To sell on etsy, follow these steps:
- Visit etsy.com
- You must click on the button to open your Etsy shop in the menu.
- You must then follow the steps to complete your account
You will have to provide information about yourself and your products. In addition, the platform managers could take the time to do some validation before granting you access.
Alibaba.com is a Chinese company that brings together a set of products from several suppliers worldwide. The mode of use is similar to Amazon or eBay. Indeed, to sell your products on Alibaba, you must:
- Create an account
- Submit your products
- Manage your content
It is not always easy to get people to buy from your website. Nevertheless, multi-vendor sites can help you increase your reach and market your business. Note that thousands of sites allow you to generate more sales. A little research online to help you in this direction.
Thanks for reading. Suppose you have any questions feel free to leave a comment or Contact us.