ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) is a software for companies willing to increase productivity by reducing the time they spend on communication, some custom task, and much more. For most organizations, it is the pillar of their activities.
At Prositeweb Inc, we help companies connect their ERP to their web solutions. In fact, our team of full-stack web developers is an expert in API integration and custom programming.
Types of ERP Integration
There are many types of ERP Integration but there exist quality ones relevant for your business. This depends on you the type of business. Our agency has classified pertinent types which may help you make a choice a good choice for your business.
- E-commerce ERP Integration: implementation is important when it comes to organizing and data collection. Choosing e-commerce ERP integration for your business will ease the operation and execution in case of contingencies.
- Customer Relationship management ERP Integration: CRM deals with everything concerning customers, their transactions, communication, and orders, etc. Integration between ERP and CRM is mainly for creating a link between demand and supply. CRM ERP is advantageous since it optimizes sales, conversions, and performance.
- Project management Integration with ERP: this is another important activity of any enterprise. Project management provides all information that has to do with the project like who works on which tasks, deadlines, and other activities. We recommend you to use a stand-alone tool because it has many features. Using this type of ERP Integration will make it easier for the category of employees to respect a task and its deadline.
- Business Intelligence Integration with ERP: this implementation is interesting because it facilitates insights into various departments. Integrating your ERP with BI, your employees will be able to access these actions and make decisions within their level of freedom.
Why is it important for your enterprise to use ERP Integration?
It is sometimes complicated to integrate pieces of software with an ERP. This is because each piece of this software has different defined rules about the management of its data. Integrating ERP to your enterprise, you would benefit from the following.
This system is beneficial for your enterprise because it will reduce employee training. Your employees will just need to access data through this system. Thus, reducing the high cost of training to the enterprise.
More to that, ERP improves your mobility. When ERP synchronizes with your online ordering, you will have direct entry to customer's orders and inventory of your products and pricing. As a result, it increases the mobility of your sales.
To add, entry data manually may be very a tedious and difficult task. So when entering this data, it is easy to make errors and making duplicates. Implementing ERP Integration to your business will definitely reduce errors and duplications when entering orders, product customers, and other data. Also, it provides the same rules to make sure they are communicating in synchronization. Therefore, it gives you better insight into your customer base.
Disadvantages of ERP in your enterprise
ERP Integration is a tool with many advantages but it has downfalls as well which sometimes discourages enterprises who want to implement this tool in their business.
The first disadvantage of ERP is that it is too complex. Enterprises usually face difficulties to implement and use this system. They may find themselves tight up with this system and therefore reducing their return on investment (ROI). If you do not want to be a victim of this complexity, you need to therefore hire an expert to help you implement this properly.
Also, another downfall of implementing ERP in your company is the fact that the customization process is too long. Customization takes time, effort, money, and requires expertise as well. Most enterprises always neglect resources needed, and they don't finish their customization. This makes them go over their estimated budget.
More so, another disadvantage of ERP Integration is the high cost. Just the up-front of the software is extremely expensive especially for small and medium businesses. If you analyze and see that the budget is too high, you can go in for another alternative which is open source ERP software.
How we proceed for your ERP configuration
- We create a credential system for your ERP and for other systems you want to integrate.
- Then we set templates
- We set up advanced business logic on how your data fields should interact with each other.
- Configuration of Integration Pipes: pipes are data points in your system like Customer Data, Product Data, Order Data just to name a few. So we will set similar pipes connection in the connected systems.
- We will use an Auto Mode: we will set the automation of integration of ERP and other applications and the setting up of synchronization.
After all these, your integrator is ready for usage.
In sum, when making a decision on whether to implement ERP, is it important you consider the pros and cons of the system. These disadvantages should not discourage you from going in for ERP Integration. If you find it difficult and need help with this system, endeavor to contact us.