Would you like to develop mobile, desktop, or web apps with a native appearance? Or maybe you are looking for a prototyping tool to demonstrate how an application prototype works in case you need it. Framework7 is obviously for you. Framework7 is a free and open-source framework for mobile HTML. It is used to develop hybrid mobile apps or web apps for iOS and Android devices. Developing under Framework7 is a favourable choice for the development of solutions.
Why develop under Framework7
Framework7 allows developing applications for Android and iOS platforms in a much more convenient way. Also, it is a framework with convenience for easy handling, with a good learning curve. What’s more, it comes with an amazing set of pre-styled user interface components out of the box and comes with plenty of built-in help libraries. Framework7 offers a lot of freedom. Indeed, it does not offer a predefined canvas for your project. Therefore, you can develop your solutions by giving free rein to your imagination, without any limits. Framework7 enables building web apps, progressive web apps, and iOS and Android apps with a native look and feel.
Features of Framework7
- Framework7 is, above all, a free and open-source framework.
- An integrated FastClick library provides control over click delay for user interfaces.
- Framework7 offers a built-in grid system layout to organize your items responsively.
- A flexible router API allows dynamic loading of template pages.
- Framework7 has easy and familiar jQuery syntax to get started without any delay.
Some advantages of developing under Framework7
- Framework7 does not depend on any third-party library, even for DOM manipulation. Instead, it has its own DOM7. It also supports faster development through Bower. Besides, proper customization allows its use with Angular and React frameworks after
- It is easy to develop apps for iOS and Android without learning it.
- Framework7 also comes with an amazing set of ready-to-use user interface elements and widgets. We can cite dialogues, pop-ups, action sheets, list views, layout grid, pre-loader, form elements, cards and many more.
- No need to readjust the code when you change platforms. Indeed, the applications that you create under Framework7 automatically adapt to all the platforms on which they are deployed.
- The Framework allows one-time maintenance. That is to say that if you want to update your application, for example, you do it on a single platform. The update is automatically deployed on all other platforms that support your application.
Disadvantages of Framework7
While there are multiple advantages to developing applications under Framework7, there are some disadvantages to using it. The framework only supports Android and iOS platforms. Also, note that the support by the online community framework Framework7 is less compared to iOS and Android.
Alternatives to Framework7
Framework7 had always stood out from its competitors from its inception when it was only focused on iOS systems. With recent hardware design support from Google, it adds Android to its platform list. As a result, it ranks high in the top of the frameworks for mobile applications. It stands out as much for its performance as for its implementation of many native UX chips.
By offering remarkable advantages for development, Framework7 seriously competes with many other popular frameworks on the market. We can quote:
Xamarin provides a development context unique to share components between different mobile platforms: iOS, Android, and Windows Phone. The developments are written in C # with the .NET programming infrastructure. Xamarin Studio is the most interesting IDE for developing on Mac and Windows.
Android Studio is an environment that allows you to develop mobile applications on Android. Google declared its Official framework in Android development. Besides, it presents itself as a complete environment, including a code editor, a smart debugger, emulators, performance improvement tools, and much more. Its software is based on the IDE IntelliJ IDEA; therefore, it inherits all the latter’s functionality.
Appcelerator Titanium open-source and extensible development environment for building native applications on mobile platforms and operating systems, including iOS, Android and BlackBerry, and hybrid and HTML5. It includes a free SDK with thousands of APIs for mobile devices and operating systems, Studio, a powerful Eclipse-based IDE, an MVC framework, and cloud services for an out-of-the-box mobile backend.
Find out more
If you want to have additional information on the functionalities of Framework7 and learn about the first steps in development under this framework, visit the official page of Framework7. You can also learn the basics and develop your first Framework7 application by following this tutorial. Unfortunately, the official page is in English. You will need to understand this language to visit it. However, our team offers courses and advice for courses in development under Framework7 and services in application development. Contact us to seek our help.
- Difference between error code 404 and 410
- 6 elements to validate on the website before going online. [developer and website owner guide]
- Data analysis in website development